Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

About Ilana!

Hi Everyone! My name is Ilana and I am a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin Madison. I am hoping to pursue a degree in strategic communication! I was a dancer in high school and take as many opportunities in Madison to dance in my free time whether it is through fun workout classes or structured lesson based classes. I am also in a sorority and serve on the Panhellenic Executive Board as the chair of Public Relations and Communications. I am very interested in the media world and love to study and learn about new media and how it affects our society. This leads me to talk about what our blog is about! I feel that right now our society is on the boarder of still using old media while at the same time in the process of completely transitioning to new media. The contradictions between old and new is what our blog focuses on. I am particularly interested in how social media affects the topics that we learn about and think are important. Are the topics that are trending in the headlines of the newspapers the same as the topics that are trending on Twitter and Facebook? Does social media change what we think is important? Why do some professors allow the use of computers in class and some don't? These are just a few of the questions that we will be exploring while adding some cool graphics and concepts along the way! Check back every week to read what we have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment