Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

About Jen!


Hey all!  My name is Jen and I am a sophomore at UW - Madison aspiring to be Retail major.  I work in a restaurant downtown, am from a small town about two hours south of Madison, and I absolutely love to sing.  I am in an all female A Cappella group on campus called Pitches and Notes and the picture you see above is from our 2011 Spring photo shoot.  Now that you know a little bit about me I'm going to tell you what this blog is all about.  As far as media goes I'm your typical obsessed girl.  I love pinterest, facebook and twitter and spend too much time on these sites for my own good.  This semester I have found that there are a lot of  new rules on campus dealing with laptops, tablets, and smart phones.  This got me interested in new media and how it has developed it's way into the lives of us 20ish year olds.  Because media is such a big part of our lives, it's interesting to me how campus has changed since this has happened, and how new media affects our everyday social, individual, and academic lives.  On this blog, myself and the others in my group will explore and discuss the contradictions between new media and old and make it fun along the way.  So, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment