Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Hey! It's Jordyn!


Hi fellow bloggers! My name is Jordyn and I am a sophomore at the University of Madison- Wisconsin. I am working towards double majoring in Communication Arts and possibly Journalism. I am on the Public Relations committee for our campus's online fashion magazine MODA, where I utilize social media to update the readers on up coming events that are held on campus. Growing up in this technological era, I have always found myself being intrigued with the media and being a critical eye of it. With the dominance social networking , I have been able to connect and be more acquainted with the public. I have no shame in being an active social networker; I do not believe there is a day that goes by where I don't check my Facebook or Twitter account! If I am not checking my accounts on my computer, I am reading the feeds and updating my status from my iPhone. My friends worry if my name does not appear on their mini feeds for a couple of hours as well!! Social networking has forever morphed our culture and it is just the beginning of impacting the way society communicates and connects. I will be using my critical eye to post about social media and how society responds to the power and influence it has. Can't wait to begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment